Thursday, February 17, 2011

Arrival to Japanland

 I have spent almost three weeks now in Japan Osaka, Hirakata. My Visual Anthropology course’s blog, which I will update at least for the next four months, will be my tool for describing my observations and the new environment I live now. 
A view over the Hirakata, Osaka.



Street beauty in my new hometown.



In this first post I introduce my new home town and some basic needs for living (Maslow’s hierarchy of needs first step; food, sleep, shelter). Things that are obvious at your home, but in a different environment basic needs to be filled in a kind of new way of thinking. For example sleeping on a futon takes some time to adjust and because of my limited Japanese language skills, buying food can be tricky also. 

My room with eight tatami mats.
Definately rich and delicious dinner after all.

Japan, truly a land of the rising sun.
I believe that during my journey here in Japan I slowly but surely claim the steps all way to the top of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and will be able to self actualization, noticing how much I have learned about Japanese ways of life and how much creativity and new kind of problem solving have I managed to achieve.



http://www.astd2007.ast.org/publications/Journal%20Archive/2009/8_August_2009/CE.pdf

1 comment:

  1. A nice beginning - and interesting photos. I look forward to your further explorations (I am sure you will satisfy your basic needs quickly...).

    Please add the disclaimer and set the default language to English.

    ReplyDelete